Sunday, August 24, 2008

Weekend dreams

I wonder how many writers get their inspiration from keeping track of the stories that unfold during their dreaming? I usually dream about events in my past that are altered to render them either frustrating or challenging in some way. It's like the emotions that were at the time unspoken or supressed have lingered and now surface, or at least buble about in my dreams in fictional ways. However, there is never really an interesting plot line or intriguing suspence, usually just some kind of unfinished task the end of which is always just beyond reach.
I can usually remember my dreams for a few minutes after I wake up in the morning, or even in the middle of the night. Sometimes I just get up so there is enough transition so the dream can end and possibly a new one that I might enjoy begins.
Dreaming is the poor-man's entertainment.

No comments: