Sunday, August 17, 2008

The Moon Overhead

The ¾ moon shows brightly
Through the cold winter air
When the clouds don’t blur or obscure it
As I watch the flow of the rough waves
The sky changes from dark shadows
To a lamp surrounded by a bronze glowing
Forcing the melancholy question?
Is the motion I see the partial but constant moon
Or the flowing clouds passing
– which might you see?
A constant soul shines when it can
As the love I imagine between us
When it is dark, I want to see it glow
When it shines clearly through the gaps
I want to see the passing clouds
Nothing satisfies my searching heart.
When Moon hides behind the thickest wave
I sense forlorn against my intentions
I want to see it clear and open.
My life passes thus in front of the partial moon
Now a glowing shine surrounded by gold rays
Then dark and mysterious, longing
The flow of the clouds passing so rapidly
Yet each new opening brings the pure moon
The optimism of love once again inspired.~

No comments: