Sunday, August 24, 2008

Weekend dreams

I wrote this nice post about dreaming, but it didn't stick, it got lost with a dropped interent connection. And I don't have time to recreate it, sorry.

Stamina

Aside from the obvious drawbacks,
Obtaining maturity has its benefits

Including the compelling propensity to write poetry,
some of which might actually be good.
Quality considerations notwithstanding,
it is pleasant to still be here
Tasting life in both intimate and subtle ways.
Some of my skills have improved
if not my stamina
Possibly my prowess and capacity
to express and show affection.
Acknowledging in the best way I can
my appreciation for this Grace
Each new day.


Moss

The moss lies softly on the scrub oak
Warming and protecting the willing branches,
but does not like the fir.
The affinity they share satisfies the moss’ needs
more than the Oaks’,
But these sturdy trees give solace
and show their unique beauty.

No comments: