Monday, August 18, 2008

Chime

The invisible wind
Touches the chime lightly
And turns that silent force into a chorale,
A pleasant, relaxing ringing.

Each sounding is a reminder
Of past friendships who have touched me,
A poem for lost loves
Who have joined in my life’s song.

After the wind passes
The chime is silent.
So am I, but we are both still here
Capable of resonating again.

The next person who touches me
Shall hear this melody, angels singing
If not from my lips
At least as a stirring in her Soul.

She will know my truth
Because I have learned to say it.
She will hear my voice as if ringing soft notes
Saying sweet words of love.

I.J. Hall, October 3, 2004

2 comments:

Nina said...

I really like that poem. It is true to everyone's life who has had many people come and go through their life making a symphony of memories.

It's great to see you blogging. I'll link your page to mine. Keep in touch.

Wanda Jean Wach said...

Uncle Irvin,
You truly have a gift for forming ordinary words into melodic phrases that resonate through the reader's soul and bring vivid imagery of those words to life. Great to see you have a blog now!
Love, Wanda