Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Quiet day...

It was a cool day in Pullman, with a spate of rain several times. But that was pleasant for outside work. I took a full, and I mean full, load of juniper cuttings to the lanfill transfer site. Even though trimming the juniper, leaves that unsightly naked side edge with all the limbs exposed, I learned a bright side this morning when 30 0r more California Quail were roosting on the limbs and I could see them just outside this office window. They are so charming. we must have 100 or more of the little chirpers here. All the way from handsome males with white lines on their heads, elegant females with soft grey plumage , both male and female sport the top feather, to little tiny chicks that follow along in droves. It's impossible to feel lonely with all these quail outside everytime I go to the other side of the house or out the door, etc.

I have begun to repot some of the house plants we have too many of, and some are root bound and need to be sorted. I am trying to plant some starts for the church sale, but don't have enough containers. Anybody want some house plants. We haven't figured out where to put them in the house, so for now they are all out with the geraniums.
I have been reading other people's blogs, and it is interesting to just click and see what comes up. People from all around the world are blogging, some are even interesting.
I am trying to send a poem each time I write. I take them from the collections I have made in the past. Haven't been doing much writing lately. I enjoy comments and questions.

No comments: