Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Energy of Life

As I wipe the sweat off my forehead
I feel in a different way the Energy of Life
In this case, from cutting wood
Not just any wood, Good-Luck-Beaver-Charm-Sticks
Left lying around Pond, by my friends.

This is a labor of love in a way:
Love of life, love of nature, self-love
And I can now assemble these charming sticks
Statuesquely to hold colorful flowers
Arranged in an elegant fashion inspired by
The Japanese form of flower art, Moribana.

This is a spiritual path in silence and grace:
Contacting the exotic beauty that otherwise
To the untrained eye, would go unseen
Or what is worse, missed and unappreciated.

This is a way of combining in peace:
Another element wholly of nature
Giving back the Energy of Life to each
And to all who see and feel this connection
From simple wood blessed to nourish beaver
Into an eloquent statement of life and love.
Amen.

I.J. Hall; October 5, 2003; Scio "Beaver Pond" OR

No comments: